A write this with swollen eye lids from the day past. After hours spent in mass hysteria to figuring out how to get an individual from Seattle to Paris, we said our final good byes, and the count down began… 84 days til my best friend and love returns. I can do this right?
Well for the next few days I will have the distraction of cleaning and unpacking our new home. Shane gave me a plant to take care of while he was gone and a clock with the time set to France time, I think those may be the centers of attraction in my decorating.
I have also created my lonely girls guide to a fulfilling summer:
- yoga at least three times a week at the Y
- pottery classes once a week plus one extra day in studio (need to make a pot for my plant and hoping to get a dish set going)
- cardio 4-5 times a week (long lush bike rides are included in this), weights 2-3 times a week
- write blog once at least every two weeks (meaning finding new recipes, resources, projects, etc)
- brew a batch of beer/cider every 3 weeks (next batch ideas= orange heff,
- sew more! grocery bags, earrings, dresses, etc
- attend more around town events: i am hoping to go to more cozmic pizza events since i live 5 minutes from The Strand, also bingo nights on mondays at Sam Bonds
- Start bellydancing classes once a week at the Y
- Go to the Urban Farm at least once a week.
- Skype with Shane once a week
I think this is a really good start to keeping my schedule busy, but exciting, and good for my body and soul.
My heart hurts now, and I think will continue to hurt. But I am also overwhelmed with the happiness and experiences he will have in the months following. For nearly 5 years we have been in each others arms, the time apart will hopefully teach us that we are still individuals with skills and interests, and hopefully, when he returns, we can share those with each other and become more enlightened as a whole.