After a sunny and uncommonly warm February, all my starts were in full fruition, and my thoughts were in full bloom as well. My body was ready for the new season. Well, March had other plans; progressively getting colder and wetter and colder until the day I woke up and there was about 4 inches of the white stuff outside. Looks like my kitchen will remain full of egg cartons and terra cotta pots for another few weeks. C’e’ la vita.
I’m worried about the little guys though. They are looking a bit droopy and sad. Hoping that sun comes out soon… For now, maybe a little perk from some spent coffee grounds will help.
Speaking of coffee grounds, I have been experimenting with different body scrubs and salves. I wish I would have tried this out much earlier in my life instead of spending $18 at the local Bath n Body shop. All you need is…
- An exfoliant: coffee grounds, brown sugar, raw sugar, course salt
- A moisturizer: coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil
- A “fragrance”: (I say that in quotes because you dont want to use parfum or typical fragrances. Stick to natural/nontoxic ones) essential oils, lemon zest, lavender buds, etc. Some great essential oils are:
- Eucalyptus: helps in repair of red blood cells and blood oxygenation. Helps to soothe stress and makes the mind cool and relaxed
- Lavender: aids in relief of stress, calming, skin conditions, headache, and migraine
- Peppermint: Aids in relief of circulation, colds/flu/fever, cramps, nausea, fainting, headache, migraine, vertigo, acne, ringworm, scabies
So basically, you mix the three ingredients until you reach a desirable consistency. Mix the oil/moisturizer in slowly and you will only need a few drops of essential oil. Some of my favorite mixtures so far are:
- Peppermint latte= coffee grounds+brown sugar+peppermint+coconut oil
- Citrus beach= course salt+eucalyptus+lemon zest+olive oil
- The ultimate (the tea tree oil and sunflower oil are a great anti-fungal and just overall good for skin)= course salt+raw sugar+tea tree oil+sunflower oil
Enjoy your clean, exfoliated, non-chemically treated bodies!